Friday, July 7, 2017

June 2017 Wrap-Up

Hello!

As you are reading this, I am probably on vacation. I won't have internet, and I'll be gone for two weeks, so I won't be approving or replying to comments until I get back. Please do leave comments, though, as I love reading them! It makes my day!

Today's post is going to be a wrap-up of the month of June. If you're interested in what I've been up to this month, just keep reading!






FAITH 
I'm not done with Proverbs yet -- I have eleven more chapters to go. I didn't do much Bible reading, and I'm quite disappointed in myself. However, I have learned something. If I go too long without reading the Bible or praying, I get a longing for it that doesn't go away until I finally MAKE time for Bible and prayer. I do have a temper, and having study time in the morning REALLY HELPS me with lashing out at people in anger. So, basically, I've learned that I can't go too long without reading it! 

READING 
I read twelve books this month! That's a TON for me! Like, whaaaaat? (To be fair, two of them were technically short-stories, but shhhhh. Don't tell anyone.) 
Mother-Daughter Book Camp by Heather Vogel Frederick - 3/5
Murder is Bad Manners by Robin Stevens - 4.5/5
Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan - 2/5 
American Gun Mystery by Ellery Queen - 3/5
The Pied Piper of Hamelin by Robert Browning - 4/5
The Hudson River Mystery by Kathryn Kenny - 3.5/5
A Beautiful Disaster by Daisy Paquet (beta-read, not yet published) - 4/5 
The Mystery of the Ghostly Galleon by Kathryn Kenny - 4/5 
Sing A New Song by R.S. Oswald - 3/5 
First Impressions: An Amish Tale of Pride and Prejudice by Sarah Price - 4/5 
Daddy-Long-Legs by Jean Webster - 4.5/5 

Yeah, look at all those! I'm quite proud of myself. ;) I liked a lot of them, too, although I didn't read a completely five-star book this month. Some of them got veeeery close, though. So it's all good. 

WRITING
I NEED TO GET BACK INTO WRITING! I don't know what's wrong with me. I really need to get back into it in July, as I'll have a lot of down-time. Maybe a lot of planning for a new story (it's not a Scarlet one) that I am SUPER excited to write. It's going to be so fun, but I need to actually think about the plot first! 

LISTENING TO 
One of my favorite bands, Echosmith. My favorite song by them is Tell Her You Love Her. 


WATCHING 
-Star Trek: TNG, once again, slowly but surely. I'm not even past the first season, but I'm not binge-watching seven in one evening like I did with Voyager, so it's understandable. And probably way more healthy and normal. 
-Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. I really, really like this show, except I HATE Dr. Mike's love interest. He's super creepy and whoever heard of a blonde-eyed, blue-haired Indian? *shudders* 

POSTS I ENJOYED 
Cultivating a Habit of Prayer // Ruffles and Grace -- Prayer is SO important, but oftentimes I forget it or get distracted. This post by Victoria gives you some great tips for staying on-task and having that much-needed fellowship with God. 
My Picks: Modest Summer Suits // Minnie Muse - I know I featured her blog last wrap-up, but I had to feature this post, which features many modest swimsuits which are still cute and chic! I personally wear swimsuits with short swim-skirts over them or attached. She has included some of those, but also adorable vintage-style ones. 
Retro Lace // Sunday Best and All the Rest - This is a gorgeous outfit post put together by Paige. I love her skirt! I definitely recommend checking out her blog if you haven't already, she has a ton of cute but modest outfits posted there! 

JUNE GOALS: DID I COMPLETE THEM? 
-Read a chapter of Proverbs every day // Sort of completed. 
-Write and publish four blog posts (or more!) // Technically I did this, because the post you are reading at the moment was written in June. ;) 
-Practice my piano once a day, every day // Ummmm . . . no. :( 
-Read the next two Trixie Belden books that I need to // Done, and I really enjoyed one of them, too! 
-Write 5 chapters of Scarlet book #3 // Haha, some writer I am, I didn't write at all this June. :P 

GOALS FOR JULY 
-Finish Proverbs 
-Plan my new story
-Publish two blog posts. (I will be away two weeks without internet, then be volunteering at VBS, then going to a family reunion, so I'm not expecting much from myself, haha!) 

That's all for today's post. I hope you guys enjoyed! Thanks for reading! 

Have you got any goals for July? 
What have you been watching and reading recently? 

~Lydia~ <3 

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It means a lot to me. Please keep everything clean, appropriate and considerate. Thanks! :)

© Lydia Therese. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.