Sunday, July 23, 2017

Burgers, Cleaning, and Antique Shopping

Hello everyone!

I am back from my vacation! It wasn't a vacation in the sense of palm trees and swimming, but I did have a break from technology (no internet, and I only have an iPod) AND I got to see two of my awesome family members who live two-thousand miles away. I'm going to go through some of my favorite parts of what I did! :)







 A bunch of nature pictures. 

The entire reason I went on the trip to my family member's house in the first place was because I was helping to clean out his house. He's moving soon, so it was important that we got it done. The first room we did was the garage. It was a lot of work -- very dusty, sweaty work -- but we finished within a day.


After I took a shower, I took the time to read my new Agatha Christie book, And Then There were None.






Then, we went to this delicious ice-cream place. I got a chili dog and a vanilla ice cream with a cherry coating. Mmmmm!!


Here are all of Jo's birthday presents on the table! (There was a mini birthday celebration with the family, since Jo's birthday is July 4th.)









Here are some impromptu outfit photos I took of an outfit I wore one day I wanted to show you guys, because I particularly liked it! :)






Before we went antique shopping one day, we went to an adorable little cafĂ©! Their food was amazing -- it was completely fresh. I got a BLT, and it was probably the best one I've ever had. 

Then, we went on to the antique store! I took some pictures of things I thought were funny or neat. (I didn't buy any of these, though.)



I thought this was hilarious!


I was tempted to get this adorable puppy dog apron, but it was quite expensive. :(


And this framed paper doll thing was SO COOL! I really want to do that with some of my vintage paper dolls!


My family liked to stay up late watching TV. Nothing like drinking Pure Leaf whilst watching a Food Network Star episode sponsored by Lipton. #rebel B)


Jo got some Japanese candy/snack foods for her birthday! Here's her trying a salmon-flavored jerky sort of thing. As you can see it was disgusting.




As you can see, this is a very Japanese candy.


I got a typewriter at the antique place! A family member bought it for me as a belated birthday present. The best part is, it's a new VCS one that I literally asked for for my birthday but didn't get. It was $35.00, but it sells in-store for around a hundred dollars! I was ecstatic.





An awkward picture of my shoes, because I really like them. :P


There was Confederate money to be found in my family member's house! Here is some of it. Cool, right?









Alas, these are the only before-and-after pictures I took of any of the rooms in the house. I took some pictures of things before, but never any after pictures. (I could have sworn I took some, though. I have no idea what happened to them.)
I seriously felt so accomplished after we finished a room, though. It was awesome. 





Just wanted to share this. I love that poem, so I thought this cross-stitch was neat. :)




 God gave us a reminder of His promise to Noah and all the earth one day -- a rainbow! It was beautiful!


Quite a bit of coloring was done during the trip. I rainbow-fied Westminster Abbey. B)

There we go! Some random tidbits concerning my trip. I hope you guys found this interesting, and it didn't bore you to death. I still have a busy few weeks ahead of me, so I don't know how active I'll be. Everything should get back to normal the middle of August, though. :D

Have you gone on vacation yet this year? 

Thanks for reading! 

~Lydia~ <3 

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It means a lot to me. Please keep everything clean, appropriate and considerate. Thanks! :)

© Lydia Therese. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.