Saturday, June 10, 2017

Small Bookshelf Tour

Hello! Welcome back!

Me being the bookworm I am, I thought it would be fun to show you guys my many bookshelves and how I organize my (quite large) book collection. My first one is very small and doesn't hold a lot. I thought it would be a good shelf to start with.

I'll be talking about the books on the shelf and showing pictures of some of my favorites! (A lot of them are really neat vintage ones . . . ;])



If you're interested, then just keep reading!




So on the top of my bookshelf I have three books stacked on top of each other. The first one is a book from 1937 called The Searchlight Homemaking Guide. Since it is a little older it's a bit old-fashioned, but still fun to flip through. It has cool tabs that tell you the different topics the book talks about.


Funny story -- I actually found out about this book through another vintage homemaking book. It was in the bibliography. I thought the title looked interesting, so I looked it up, and lo and behold they had it on Ebay. It's from 1944, and so cute!!


Lastly, I have this typewriting book from 1929. I found it at a flea market. I wasn't going to get it, but then I found a slip of paper inside that, long ago, someone name Marjorie Brown had left in there after practicing her typing. I thought that was SO cool, so I bought it.


On the next shelf, we have all of these lovely books -- (from top to bottom) Your Home and You, Girl Scout Handbook (1963), Fabrics and Dress, Home-Making for Teen-Agers Vol. 1 (1954), Food for Better Living, and Clothing Construction and Wardrobe Planning (1963).

I'm going to be showing a couple of my favorite books from this list!


This one is Fabrics and Dress, and I'm pretty sure it's from sometime in the 1950s. I just love the pictures and tips in this one!


One of the pictures


And the next one is Your Home and You by Carlotta C. Green. This book is from the 1940s (?) and has over 700 pages of home-ec. It covers EVERYTHING. It's crazy!!



And on the final shelf, we have all of these books -- the first six are my books from Image Cascade, which I got for my birthday. Then I have my Sherlock Holmes boxed set. It's a vintage one from the 1970s that I got for Christmas. So far I've only read A Study in Scarlet and The Hound of the Baskervilles, but I can't wait to read more!
And, of course, my Puffin in Bloom edition of Anne of Green Gables.

That's all for today's post, everyone! I had a lot of fun making this, so I hope you all enjoyed it. :)

What's your favorite book? 
Do you prefer vintage or modern books? 

Thanks for reading! 
~Lydia~ <3

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It means a lot to me. Please keep everything clean, appropriate and considerate. Thanks! :)

© Lydia Therese. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.