Thursday, June 29, 2017

Dandelion Dust Blog Tour - Book Review

Hello everyone!

Welcome back! Today I have a very exciting post for you all -- I am participating in the blog tour for my friend Faith's brand-new book, Dandelion Dust!


If you want to hear what I thought of the book, then just keep reading! 


Like a speck of dandelion dust riding the tides of a prairie wind, life is fleeting. Though I never realized just how fragile it was until that day . . . 

Charity always had a dream. It was simple, really. Find a guy, fall in love, and get married. 
The day she met Ryder, Charity knew he was the man God had chosen for her. But she never expected their relationship to be tested and tried through a freak accident. Suddenly, her world is thrown into chaos, and the bleak, white walls and sterile smells of a city hospital fill every spare minute. And then there comes the dreaded news. It was likely Ryder would never make it out of the hospital bed. 
As her carefully laid plans for the future come crashing down around her and the sun seems to set on her dreams, can Charity still find hope in the dark of night? 

Like a dandelion, life is beautiful. But treasure every moment . . . for one day, the flower will be gone. 


***


ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Faith Potts is a teenage writer, living with her family and beloved yellow labs in the southeastern US. When she's not writing stories, consuming large amounts of
coffee, reading books, or creating pottery, she can be found laughing harder than
is healthy, daydreaming, and – of course – blowing dandelions.












***

MY REVIEW: After hearing many great things about this book, I was very excited to read it! Dandelion Dust did not disappoint. 
I loved all the characters! They were one of my favorite parts of the book. Charity was relatable, Ryder was likeable, (relationship goals, by the way,) and his parents were sweet and supportive.
There IS a lot of waiting in the story. In the middle, especially. It helps to add to the suspense of whether or not Ryder would live, and there are almost always new progress reports on him to keep the hospital-waiting-section of the book from getting boring, though.
My favorite part of the book, by far, was the ending. It was so satisfying! But that's all I'm going to say. I don't want to spoil it for any of you. ;)
The only reason I rated this book four stars is because contemporary romance is not a genre I usually read or enjoy immensely. I liked this book, but I didn't LOVE it.
It is exactly what I expected, though -- a sweet and inspiring romance novella. I definitely recommend it!
4 stars out of 5.

Are you interested in reading the book now? ;) You could have a chance to win a paperback copy of Dandelion Dust for free! The winners will be announced on the author's blog on Sunday. Just click here to enter!

And, even if you don't win, you can still buy and read the book. It comes out June 30th.

Thanks so much for reading, everyone!

~Lydia~ <3 

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It means a lot to me. Please keep everything clean, appropriate and considerate. Thanks! :)

© Lydia Therese. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.