Wednesday, May 31, 2017

May 2017 Wrap-Up

Hello everyone!

Sorry about the lack of a post last week. I had absolutely nothing prepared, and I'm not used to preparing posts on-the-fly anymore. To make up for it, I'll have two posts this week -- this one, and a review of the new Netflix original Anne With an E. 

Anyway, today's post is going to be a wrap-up of this month. Let's get right into it!







FAITH 

The first half of the month, I am sorry to say, I hardly did any Bible reading or praying at all. I was busy, but that's really not an excuse. But during the second half, however, I feel like I held myself to it. I started Proverbs. There are so many little bits of wisdom in there! I was going to do Revelation, but I wanted to actually read some Old Testament. I'm guilty of ignoring that section of the Bible sometimes, but it really does have things that we can relate to today.


READING

I read five books this month. I liked most of them aside from Wish You Were Eyre, which I didn't particularly enjoy because so many small inaccuracies and re-hashing of previous plots annoyed me. Finally & Forever was WONDERFUL. I just ship the couple in that book so hard. THEY ARE SO CUTE. 
The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines - Four stars
Dinny Gordon, Freshman by Anne Emery - Four stars 
Finally & Forever by Robin Jones Gunn - Five stars 
Wish You Were Eyre by Heather Vogel Frederick - Three stars 
Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt - Four stars 

You can check out my Goodreads to see my reviews on these books!

I also started reading Little Women by Louisa May Alcott out loud to my ten-year-old sister. It's turned into a thing where we go upstairs early and then read a chapter together right before bed. It's the first time she has "read" it, although I have before. We're almost done with Part I. 

WRITING 

Nothing huge -- just another chapter on my third Scarlet book (don't ask me why I'm writing the third one before the second one . . . the second one, which is already written, needs a LOT of help and I just . . . I can't edit it right now. I don't have the willpower, haha!), a book with my friends about two twins going a road trip and meeting a bunch of celebrities (contemporary fiction isn't something I write often, so it's interesting to write), and I just started a short-story about castaways which I'm not sure I'm going to finish because it's a bit stupid. 
 I hardly did any writing during April (as that was the month I published my book), so it was good to sort of get back into the swing of things again.


LISTENING TO 

The Beauty and the Beast 2017 soundtrack has been high on my list of listened-to-music this month. I looooove Evermore. It's so good. 


WATCHING 

As far as I can recall, here is what I have been watching this month: 
-Lots of Brain Games 
-I bought Hidden Figures but haven't watched it yet. I'm excited to! 
-LOTS of Murder, She Wrote. The episodes in season 2 are way more depressing then the ones in season 1. Many tragedies and sad backstories and all that. 
-Star Trek: TNG. I'm going through it very slowly -- I'm only on episode 13! It has more TOS similarities, which is obviously going to be the case because TOS only existed at the time the show was made, which I don't necessarily mind, but the episodes DO get very cheesy/crazy/strange. 

POSTS I ENJOYED

Southern Stripes & Sunflowers // Minnie Muse - ALL OF HER POSTS now remind me of Spring and Summer. They have me dreaming of better, brighter days. (As I write this, it is pouring rain and clouds are covering the sky, and there is a thunderstorm expected tonight. *sigh*)
Outernet // Wonderland Creek - This is an inspiring and challenging post by the lovely Naomi. It was one of my favorite blog posts I read this month! 
Let the Sand be my Shoes // Wonderkept - A beautiful dress/photoshoot plus a beautiful Bible passage. :-) 

GOALS FOR JUNE 
-Read a chapter of Proverbs every day
-Write and publish four blog posts (or more!)
-Practice my piano once a day, every day
-Read the next two Trixie Belden books that I need to
-Write 5 chapters of Scarlet book #3

Tat is my May Wrap-Up! I hope you all enjoyed! 

What was your favorite book that you read in May? 
Do you have any goals for June? 

~Lydia~ <3 

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It means a lot to me. Please keep everything clean, appropriate and considerate. Thanks! :)

© Lydia Therese. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.